Relationship Power to Jumpstart Your Business
RESULTS! That’s the name of the game for you and your business. And if you’re like me, you don’t like to wait for results. Thankfully, your wait is over. You can now upgrade or jump-start your business. Immediately!
The mission of this new NBDA business-growth column is simple, to enrich your life and business. To positively push, pull and propel you. To more success. More fun. More happiness. And more RESULTS!
If you’re like most businesspeople, you don’t have the time to learn all the crucial essentials of business-development and growth; sales, marketing, negotiations, service, competing in a changing marketplace, etc.
Every businessperson I meet, waxes rhapsodic about the importance of “relationships.”
All say their business and success are “built on relationships.” They’re right. Yet when others talk about “relationships” they refer to whom they know or their network. Yet that ain’t enough!
To maximize relationships, marketing muscle, sales success, customer commitment and negotiation know-how, two key elements of your “relationship power” must exist:
1. your little r
2. your BIG R
“little r” is traditional relationship-building. Your: likability, trust, humanity, sincerity, courtesy, personality, chemistry.
“little r” focuses on your ability to get along. You’re warm, caring and empathetic to customers,
clients and prospects. People like to do business with people they like. However, “little r” alone isn’t enough. You also must optimize your “Big R!”
“Big R” focuses on delivering results! People are interested in who you are, (“little r”); and what you can do for them, (“Big R”).
“Big R” is your ability to be a growth-specialist. You, your products, services, company and team help others attain a more favorable future or improve their condition by: maximizing gain, reducing loss, increasing earnings, slashing costs, creating enjoyment, assuring satisfaction, providing security, developing pride, enhancing performance, producing profits and results.
Why is attrition high in professions requiring business-development? Because, once you “land” friends and neighbors, who said “yes” to be “nice” and honor “little r” commitments, you have no marketable “Big R” skills to the rest of the world. “little r’s” and “Big R’s” can’t be mutually exclusive.
1. To maximize your “little r” relationship power: send a prospect/customer an article or link of value to their professional or personal interests.
2. To optimize your “Big R” relationship power: take a continuing-ed course, listen to a business podcast or CD program, watch an online video or DVD on a skill you’d like to upgrade, read a new business book, etc.
3. Invite a prospect/client/customer/network influencer to breakfast or lunch, or to your office for a special products or service showcase, tour, etc.
4. Use e-mail and Google Alerts, as simple, effective strategies to stay-in-touch and be a valued contributor to one’s success.
5. Create an ongoing e-zine with direct applicability to your business and your customers’ and prospects’ success. This captures eyeballs and builds “mindshare.” That drives revenue and profits!
6. Remember, you’re compensated for what you do, not what you know. So when all is said and done, more should not be said than done. Take action!
To your results!
By Jeff Blackman
Blackman & Associates, LLC
There are no products matching the selection.