MEMBER ONLY INVITATION Space Is Limited to 20
Andrea "AJ" Johnson, the Burleson LLP Partner-in-charge of its management labor and employment practice, will speak on the following critical employment topics of 2014 within these three principal topics:
News at 11: Overtime, overtime, overtime!!!
- Are we correctly classifying workers?
- Who is a contractor?
- What do we mean by exempt workers?
"You can't fire me. I'm on 'leave."
- What are the basics of the FMLA and ADA? [Family & Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act]
- Does leave exist outside of the FMLA? If so, how, and why?
- What does an employer do with an employee who is in leave "la-la land"? [How do you correctly terminate an employee who seems to be never returning . . . and avoid litigation?
I'm non-unionized why do I care about the NLRB ("National Labor Relations Board")?
- The impact of the NLRB on non-union shops.
- Can a personnel handbook end me up in NLRB "hot water"?
- How do I protect my place of business from unionization?
AJ asks that you bring your questions. This hour is designed to meet your needs, and she is open to helping you with all employment questions.
|Event Date||Jul 15, 2014|
|Agenda||11:30 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Location Name||Burleson LLP|
|Location Address||Houston Pennzoil Place, Houston, TX 77002|
PRICING: NBDA Members ONLY: Complimentary