Operations Manager - Ecology and Environment, Inc.
Operations Manager – Ecology and Environment, Inc. seeking an Operations Manager in our Virginia Beach, VA office. This position will be responsible for leading and developing assigned staff, providing technical direction, and supporting key clients. Our successful candidate must have excellent leadership and project management skills. The ideal candidate will have established relationships with the military and commercial client contacts within the mid-Atlantic region.
- Acts as primary liaison implementing corporate business strategy and policy at the office level
- Manages overall budget, forecasts, utilization rates, resources, and reporting for office
- Engage in effective management practices pertaining to the leadership of assigned staff, including technical guidance, project management and direction, mentoring, setting performance targets, annual performance evaluation, and actively identifying and resolving outstanding issues
- Ensures that office project teams work together to achieve results
- Understands and accounts for applicable project contract requirements, assuring that commitments are met in accordance with deliverables, schedules, and with the appropriate level of quality
- Provides field information, feedback, and recommendations to senior management
- Participate in the Bids & Proposals process, regional business development opportunities, and handling of key clients by generating leads, assessing new markets, and developing new business opportunities through established contacts and networking
- Conducts marketing presentations & informational seminars for potential clients and works to strengthen the E & E brand in the region
- Participate in weekly regional labor/utilization calls and occasional rotations at Corporate Headquarters
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or related discipline
- A minimum of 10 – 12 years of environmental consulting experience in a leadership capacity successfully managing people and projects
- Demonstrated ability with business development, client relationship management, consultation, and client acquisition
- Experience with military and energy projects and established relationships within the military and energy sectors
- Experience leading the preparation of EAs/EIRs and NEPA documentation strongly desired
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a pressure environment
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate sound business acumen in decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong project management, data interpretation, report and proposal writing skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, clients, and other areas of the company
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to quickly adapt to change
- Ability to travel as business needs necessitate
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop
technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time.
E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided.
Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.